Criteria for Requesting Assistive Technology
Thanks to our generous community donors, The Arc Northern Chesapeake Region is proud to offer Assistive Technology devices on a first come, first served basis. Funds were provided by the 2016 After d’Arc Gala Fund the Need campaign, and are limited.
Assistive technology is any item that enables individuals with disabilities to live, work and learn more independently. It can be a wheelchair, an accessible ramp at your house, or most recently, tablets with apps to help people learn and communicate.
Who Can Apply?
Anyone currently receiving services from The Arc Northern Chesapeake Region may apply for Assistive Technology.
What Do I Need to Do?
- Complete an Assistive Technology assessment.
- Complete The Arc NCR’s Assistive Technology Application. Completed applications MUST include your AT assessment in order to qualify for funding. Click here to download our application.
How Will The Arc NCR Help?
While funds last, The Arc NCR will pay for your Assistive Technology device, and will provide up to $250 for your AT assessment (to be paid directly to the organization conducting your assessment). Please note, it is your responsibility to get any technical assistance, data plans or any other help needed to use the equipment.
Resources for Assistive Technology Assessments
The following organizations conduct assessments:
- Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) – Workforce & Technology Center
- Contact your DORS Counselor or local DORS office for more information – dors.maryland.gov.
- Kennedy Krieger Institute Assistive Technology Clinic
- Unified Community Connections’ No Boundaries Assistive Technology Center
- Call 10-484-4540, ext. 2580 or visit http://www.unified.org/unified-programs-services/assistive-technology
- The Arc Baltimore
- Call 410-296-2272 x 5206 or visit https://www.thearcbaltimore.org/programs/assistive-technology/
Return your signed application, your Professional Assistive Technology Evaluation and this signed form to:
The Arc Northern Chesapeake Region
Attn: Kevin Drumheller
4513 Philadelphia Road
Aberdeen, MD 21001