The Arc NCR currently offers the following support services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities:
- The Arc NCR believes that all individuals regardless of intellectual or developmental disabilities should live typical adult lifestyles in their communities.
- The Arc NCR provides customized support services for adults with disabilities in apartments, townhomes, or single-family homes.
- Some individuals choose to live by themselves and receive only drop-in help with food shopping, bill paying and activities in the community. Other individuals receive around the clock support and complete personal care. Staff at The Arc NCR are trained to work with individuals to help them achieve their personal goals, remain connected to family and friends, build new friendships, and participate as active members of their community.
- All support staff are CMT-certified.
- The Arc NCR offers customized assistance to people in their home and community life based upon the individual’s specific needs.
- Services include those supported in Supported Living customized to suit each person.
- The Arc NCR’s Employment Services currently offers long-term community-based employment supports to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Services offered in integrated settings include individual placements and industrial, clerical and janitorial enclaves in Harford and Cecil County businesses and local and state agencies.
- Individuals are supported in seeking and maintaining employment through job development, job coaching with follow-along supports, case management and transportation (where applicable).
- Recognizing a community need for job development, job placement and retention, short-term Job Coaching and Community Based Assessments, The Arc NCR provides short-term services to referrals from The Division of Vocational Services.
Services For Transitioning Youth
An increasing number of students exiting Harford County Public Schools at age 21 are requesting vocational services.
The Arc NCR’s Transition Coordinators works with the school system throughout the year prior to graduation to support students and their families in transitioning from school to work.
Community Partners supports people’s desire to find and enjoy a mix of meaningful community based activities. The Arc NCR assists those who are semi-retired or between jobs to participate in a variety of activities such as part-time employment, taking classes, exercising at an athletic club, or pursuing volunteerism. Specific community services for individuals with disabilities include:
- Transportation planning and/or transportation services
- Support for volunteerism
- Individualized community integrated activities
- Building friendship
For Adult Services Information, contact 410-836-7177.
Individuals receiving funding from the DDA can request a change (i.e. increase, decrease, addition or deletion) in services at any time as noted in DDA’s Eligibility for and Access to Community Services for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities (COMAR 10.22.12.11 D).
Click on the following link for complete information