Achieve with us.
Covering both traditional and non-traditional service hours, Personal Supports offers customized coaching to connect, support and empower individuals with differing abilities to achieve their personal goals.
Community integration is an important part of life that is often taken for granted by many. For those with differing abilities however, community integration can be minimal or even non-existent. Personal Supports offers coaching to those who are seeking to be more integrated in their community by supporting individuals to do the following:
- Develop skills to build meaningful relationships
- Learn how to navigate the local community
- Explore opportunities to broaden horizons
Navigating life and developing the skills needed to pursue a personally valued life can be a complicated but very rewarding process. For those with differing abilities, Personal Supports is there to do the following:
- Develop desired skills for independence
- Customize coaching based on personal need
- Identify goals to reach maximum potential
Advocating for one’s self is an important task, and one that is often crucial for individuals with differing abilities who may be undermined or discounted because they have differing abilities. Personal Support staff work with individuals to:
- Interact with and educate the community
- Understand and promote individual rights
- Pursue a personally valued life
Consider opening your heart and home to a child in need. Reach out to the Treatment Foster Care team to learn how you can help make a difference. Click the “Email Treatment Foster Care” button to email or call 410-836-7177 and ask for Treatment Foster Care.