A six part series on understanding Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and how to use them to advocate for the education of your loved one to prepare them for their best life. Click on any of the six video sessions listed below to watch on YouTube. And, scroll down to view the tools and resources which accompany this series. For more information, email The Arc Northern Chesapeake Region’s Family Support Services department at FSS@arcncr.org.
Tools and Resources
Click the links below to view the tools that you need for the course and related information which you may find helpful.
- Special Education Law Disability Rights Maryland PowerPoint
- 10 Smart Resources for When the Student Cuts or Denies Services by A.M.
- Finding Out if Your Child is Eligible for Special Ed
- Tactics and Strategy: The Letter to the Stranger
- The 13 disability categories under IDEA by A.M. Lee J.D.
- The Art of Writing Letters
- How Can I Fight for a Gift Child?
- The difference between IEP’s and 504’s
- Planning Differentiated, Multicultural Instruction for Secondary Inclusive Classrooms
- Special Education Terminology
- Third Party Billing/Medicaid
- Identification/Eligibility Process
- Special Ed Process
- Building IEP’s with Maryland Families
- Transition Planning Guide
- Family Dispute and Resolution
- Wright’s Law: Understanding Test Scores
- Disability Rights Maryland Handbook for Marylanders