How Do I Begin?
If you are interested in volunteering, start the process now! Apply today by clicking here. Our development department will reach out to you once you submit your application. Please note, all volunteers will be required to complete the volunteer orientation before volunteering. For additional information, please contact the Development Department at email@example.com or call 410-836-7177 x387.
What Opportunities Are Available?
Holiday Events: We are looking for individuals, groups, organizations or families to Adopt-a-home for the Holiday, providing gifts for three to four people in a Community Living Home or for a family in need. Help us spread holiday cheer and provide a more meaningful holiday season for those in need. If you are only able to provide gifts for one individual you can do that as well.
Lead a Small Group Community Outing: We are looking for volunteers to build relationships with individuals supported through our Small Groups Program, an adult day program that supports people’s desire to find and enjoy a mix of meaningful community based activities. We are looking for a volunteer to lead and organize a community activity. Activities can include, but are not limited to, fishing, music, sports, or any outdoor activity.
What Precautions is The Arc NCR Taking During COVID-19?
The health and safety of the people we support, team members, volunteers, and the community is the highest priority of The Arc NCR. Due to COVID-19, we will be taking extra precautions to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Before each volunteer activity, all volunteers will need to do the following:
- Take his/her own temperature prior to volunteering. If temperature is 100.00 or higher, the person may not volunteer that day.
- Monitor his or her health symptoms. If any of these symptoms are present, he/she should abstain from volunteering: fever, shortness of breath (not severe), cough, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- Notify us if he/she has been tested for COVID-19, if he/she has been around someone who has been tested or he/she has been potentially exposed.
During volunteer activities, all volunteers will need to:
- Always wear a mask while volunteering.
- Social distance as best as possible, remaining six feet apart.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when visibly soiled, before eating, and after using the restroom.