Treatment Foster Care
Consider opening your heart and home to a child in need. Treatment Foster Care provides therapeutic foster homes to foster children from birth to age twenty-one who may be diagnosed with emotional/behavior disorders, intellectual and/or developmental disabilities; this includes our medically fragile and teen mother-baby programs.
Foster Parent & Youth Services
Foster Parent Support
The Treatment Foster Care team empowers and supports foster parents through:
- 24-hour emergency on-call services
- Respite care and financial support
- Pre-service training with ongoing training support
Foster Youth Support
The Treatment Foster Care team empowers and supports foster youth through:
- Personalized treatment plans and assessments
- Academic and employment based planning
- Court system support and medical coordination
Consider the following resources in deciding if Treatment Foster Care is the right fit for you.
- Is Treatment Foster Care for Me?
- Questions to Consider
- Licensing Requirements for Treatment and Special Medical Foster Parents
- Medically Fragile and Teen-Mother Programs
- Safety Checklist
- Top Myths about Treatment Foster Care and One Important Fact
- Treatment Foster Care Provider Application Worksheet
- Statement of Understanding
- Financial Disclosure Statement Worksheet
- Maryland Association of Resources for Families and Youth (MARFY)
Follow the links below to view our Treatment Foster Care videos and articles highlighting a few families and past events:
Choose to Foster
Open your heart and home to youth in need.