The “Aging” Stage covers getting older and preparing for end of life (parent/family/individual). This page is dedicated to resources that are relevant to this stage of life, grouped according to the life domain they are connected to. Follow the links grouped by life domains below to get connected with the information you need.
Daily Life & Employment
What a person does as part of everyday life– school, employment, volunteering, communication, routines, life skills.
Where and how someone lives– housing and living options, community access, transportation, home adaptation and modification.
- MD ACCESS Point (MAP)
- MTA Mobility Link
- Public Housing.Com/Maryland
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Benefits Finder
- Harford Transit/Demand-Response Paratransit Application
- MD Department of Housing and Community Living
- MD Recreation & Parks Assoc
- Transportation Security Administration
- Harford County Community Services Resource Guide
- Harford County Parks & Recreation
- MD Department of Transportation
- MD Statewide Independent Living Councils (MSILC)
- United Way 2-1-1
- Harford Community Action Agency
- Harford Transit
Managing and accessing health care and staying well– medical, mental health, behavior, developmental, wellness, and nutrition.
Social & Spirituality
Building friendships and relationships, leisure activities, personal networks, faith community.
Citizenship & Advocacy
Building valued roles, making choices, setting goals, assuming responsibility and driving how one’s own life is lived.
- Disability Rights Maryland
- Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives
- Mental Health Association of MD
- The Arc Maryland
- MD Development Disability Council
- MD Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Pathfinders for Autism
- Center for Jewish Education Special Needs Advocacy Program
- MD Coalition for Families
- Self-Directed Advocacy Network for MD. Inc.
Contact the Family Support Services team by emailing, FSS@arcncr.org or by phone at 410-836-7177