The “School Age” Stage covers everyday life during school years. This page is dedicated to resources that are relevant to this stage of life, grouped according to the life domain they are connected to. Follow the links grouped by life domains below to get connected with the information you need.
Daily Life & Employment
What a person does as part of everyday life– school, employment, volunteering, communication, routines, life skills.
Where and how someone lives– housing and living options, community access, transportation, home adaptation and modification.
- MD ACCESS Point (MAP)
- MD Department of Housing and Community Living
- MD Department of Transportation
- MTA Mobility Link
- MD Recreation & Parks Assoc
- MD Statewide Independent Living Councils (MSILC)
- Public Housing.Com/Maryland
- Transportation Security Administration
- United Way 2-1-1
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Harford County Community Services Resource Guide
- Harford Community Action Agency
- Benefits Finder
- Harford County Parks & Recreation
- Harford Transit
- Harford Transit/Demand-Response Paratransit Application
Managing and accessing health care and staying well– medical, mental health, behavior, developmental, wellness, and nutrition.
Citizenship & Advocacy
Building valued roles, making choices, setting goals, assuming responsibility and driving how one’s own life is lived.
- Disability Rights Maryland
- Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives
- Mental Health Association of MD
- The Arc Maryland
- MD Development Disability Council
- MD Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Pathfinders for Autism
- Center for Jewish Education Special Needs Advocacy Program
- MD Coalition for Families
- Self-Directed Advocacy Network for MD. Inc.
Contact the Family Support Services team by emailing, FSS@arcncr.org or by phone at 410-836-7177